Life Transitions: Separation, Divorce, Remarriage
Your marriage is no longer working for you. You've thought long and hard about this. The pain is too great. The benefits are too little. You're contemplating or having an affair. Is this the answer? You need to move on. How?
Are you grappling with any of these quandaries? If so, I can help you.
Making the Decision
- What is going on here?
- What am I doing?
- Riding the roller coaster of my emotions
- Is this worth it?
- What is being played out?
- Am I in the blame game?
- How do I take care of myself
- How do I know the right thing for me to do? For us?
- Can there be a separation without war?
- How can I live with myself?
- How can I live by myself?
For the Sake of the Children
- Are my children better off if we stay together?
- Assessing the damage
- Keeping them out of the middle
Getting on with getting on . . .
- Thinking like an "I", not a "We"
- Getting through the pain
- Surviving the emotions of ending a relationship
- His friends, Her friends, Who will stay? Who will go?
- What will happen to my children? My home? My way of life?
Will I survive the Legalities
- Divorce attorneys vs Mediators
- How do I protect myself
- Custody issues: joint or solo
How to Navigate The Children
- How to tell the children
- How to provide continuity and security
- How to help them go between mom's house and dad's house
Life goes on . . .
Parenting with an Ex
- Relating in a new way
- Developing a new working relationship
- Rules of engagement
- Learning how to move from
- wanting to battle, but needing to relate
- an intimate relationship to a "business" relationship
- Here I go again!
- A new chance
- Remembering the old, moving in with the new
- Sadness and grieving what could have been
- Step children, step parents
Getting through the tough times can be a rough ride. It's helpful to have a neutral ear. You don't have to go it alone.
Please don't hesitate to contact me for a confidential consultation. I can help you figure it out.
For a list of very helpful books on the subject of children and divorce, please visit the Resources page of my website.
Photos above by permission of Getty Images — download, republication, retransmission, reproduction, or other use, of these images prohibited.